Hajj is an act of worship that includes several other deeds of obedience and submission towards ALLAH and testifying his ONENESS. "...And Hajj to the House (Ka'bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who have the ability...."Messeneger of Allah (SAW) was asked "What is ability " and he replied "Provision and Transport".
This means Hajj is obligatory on anyone who has enough money to afford an average Hajj package. If one declines despite the ability the Allah say: "... and whoever disbeleives then Allah stands not in need of any of the Alamin (mankind , jinns and all that exists)..."
Can I delay my Hajj for future? Once a Muslim has the 'ability' he should not delay Hajj, as the Messenger of Allah said:"Whoever intends for Hajj should haste as he may fall ill or detracted or face a need (preventing him from Hajj)"..
Who should I accompany for Hajj? As The Messenger of Allah described the ability for Hajj being "Provision and Transport", many people think of provision as being food, drink and money. Allah says: "… take the provision, and the best provision is righteousness…"
- Pure Halal spending
- Righteous deeds
- Righteous and knowledgeable people to accompany
- People who are humble and will help you perform your Hajj in accordance with the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah.
This is important because people often choose the groups they join for Hajj based on offerings of food and lodging options. This is later nullified when they receive insufficient guidance and teaching/instruction on how to perform the Hajj properly."
The conditions for Hajj to be accepted are:
- That one performs it with pure Halal earning
- That he performs it for the sake of Allah alone with no showing off in it
- That he performs it strictly in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet
- That he/she does not have sexual relations (with his/her spouse), nor commits sin, nor disputes unjustly during the Hajj
- That he does not follow his Hajj by any unlawful deeds of disobedience to Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him)